Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December Currently

Here is my December Currently. I just love doing this every month!!  I am listening to Christmas music, and my favorite song just came on:  The Christmas Song by Nat King Cole. I know there are a lot of versions of this song, but this is my favorite. When I hear the first part of the song, it just feels like Christmas. I also heard a great new song on the Blake Shelton special, a Christmas version of "Home" - the Michael Buble song -  he sang with his wife Miranda. I'm a huge fan of both and this was a beautiful version of the song. And around here, the music is about the only thing making everyone feel like Christmas. We are having unseasonably warm temperatures, and I sure hope it lasts!  But I know it won't -sigh-.  Maybe this warm weather is why I just haven't really been in a mood to put up the tree yet. I have got to do that for sure this week. I promised my kids I'd cook chili and we'd have a "trim-the-tree" party. At least they've got finals to keep them busy the rest of this week and I'll hopefully have my act together this weekend.  My husband and I are HUGE football fans - we spent last weekend at the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta which was the most amazing experience. It was the first one I've ever been to, and his 2nd. I now know why they say "you had to be there" about some games!!  We are HUGE Auburn fans - WAR EAGLE! - but in this game we did pull for Alabama.Got to support the home team!  Auburn had a disappointing season this year, which is really an understatement. They are looking for a new coach, and I am so hoping that it is going to be Kirby Smart. I have my fingers crossed!  I still have done no Christmas shopping, unless you count the pack of Dr. Peppers that I bought from our football team fundraiser. They are for my son - that is his favorite drink - and are the only thing under my bed, which is where I hide the gifts. My random act of kindness, which I just thought of, is an extension of the Christmas card project that I am working on with 3rd grade. See my posts about that HERE and HERE.  We were going to send one card to a charity anyway, but I think it would be great to send more! 




Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I live in GA and we've been having the same kind of weather and I love it! I also need to put up my Christmas tree and decorations. I feel like I am really late decorating this year! Have a great week!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Tennessee girl and a big UT fan. I went to an SEC championship one year while I was in college. They are a lot of fun. What a game this past weekend! I'm glad I found your blog. Would love it if you would come check mine out.
    Ms. Kerri and her Krazy Klass

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!