Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Another Christmas.....come and gone

I can't believe another Christmas has come and gone. You wait so long for it to get here and then it is over in the blink of an eye. All the shopping and planning and wrapping and cooking  just over in minutes.  We had such a great Christmas this year, though, even if it did go by way too fast.  It was different - my kids are grown now -  and I had to share my daughter's time with her boyfriend and his family this year. We didn't get together with any of our family on the actual day this year either. We went to the movies and saw Parental Guidance - we all laughed outloud so many times - which was a great family movie. We didn't fry a turkey, which is a tradition for us. Instead we had a ham and homemade barbecue. We went to Christmas Eve services at our church for the first time - this was my absolute favorite thing and I definitely plan for this to be our new family tradition. I even had a sweet experience at the grocery store - a lady let me have the last regular ginger ale that she had sent the clerk to the back to get.  I guess as the years go by our traditions will change, but as long as we are together, that's all that matters.  I hope everyone had a great Christmas and is looking forward to a great 2013. 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!