I'm linking up with Chrissy at 1st Grade Found Me to share some of my favorite Christmas books. My all time favorite is The Polar Express. My college reading methods teacher read it to us, and explained that the illustrations were made to be seen from a distance and that was why it was a perfect read aloud. I fell in love with the story - I'd never heard of it before college. Some of my other favorites are A Wish For Wings That Work - just love this one! The Small One - a story about a donkey who is set to be sold by his little owner because he is so old, and he winds up carrying a special mom-to-be to Bethlehem. The Candymaker's Gift and The Legend of the Candy Cane are great stories. I also love gingerbread stories this time of year. Jan Brett has two that are my faves: Gingerbread Baby and Gingerbread Friends. She has great support for her books in the form of videos that explain her writing process, printables and online activities, and videos that show step by step how to draw most of her book characters. Read my post HERE for a great lesson using technology and Gingerbread Baby. I also love Too Many Tamales, and there is a great Scholastic video of this one at United Streaming. And finally The Gift of the Magi and The Baker's Dozen are great reads, too. See my Shelfari bookshelf below for these books, plus more of my favorites.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment!