Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Artsonia App


I LOVE artsonia!  It is a great place to put student artwork. This year I plan to share all the digital artwork done by the students at Loachapoka Elementary. I just can't say enough about how easy-to-use this site is. If you are looking for a quick, easy way to share work with others, this is it. There is even a free app for the iphone and iPad. You do have to set up a free account at the website. Let me tell you exactly what I did for our Dot Gallery that we created to celebrate Dot Day. The first thing I did was enter all student names into the roster. This is so easy to do. Next, I updated the student status column to reflect that parental permission had been given to display artwork. You always need to make sure that your system Internet Acceptable Use policy is on file for all students. I did all of this on the computer, which took me about 5 minutes. Next, students used the artpad website to create their work. When they were ready, I came over with my iphone and took a picture of their work. I used the app, which allows you to take pictures within the app. You can also edit the pictures within the app, which is really nice. After it was edited and saved, I then selected the student name from my roster. When all the pictures had been taken, I clicked publish. Now, all I have to do is wait for them to be approved and added to our Dot Gallery, which is the name of our exhibit. They even email you to let you know when your work has been approved. Another great feature of the site is that they approve all work before it is published so you don't have to worry about any offensive or inappropriate work being on display. It usually takes several days for your work to become visible publicly. You can set up exhibit names on the website, but you don't have to. Work can be published without that step. This is the first time I've used the app, and boy did it save a lot of time. Before, I took pics with a digital camera, uploaded them to computer, edited. Then to the website to upload again. This app is an amazing timesaver! Leave a comment if you have any experiences to share using artsonia or the app.  
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!