Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Love Notes Link Up


I am linking up with Amy over at Literacy and Laughter for a fun "Love Notes" link-up. There's nothing I like better than talking about things I love, so here goes:
Lovely List
Name: Melanie
Grade you Teach: Tech Specialist 
State: Alabama
Birthday: June 17th  
Favorite Colors: Pink and Blue
Lucky Number: ??
Favorite Subject to Teach: Technology
Go to Snack: Chobanni pineapple Greek yogurt with mini-chocolate chips
TV Show: Downton Abbey
Last Movie You Watched: Identity Theif
Music You are Loving Right Now: Carrie Underwood and The Band Perry
Always shopping at: Target
Word of the day: Valentine

Love Links:
The Decorated Cookie    I fantasize about having the time and energy to create magnificent treats like these for my loved ones. 


Slatkin Candles - frosted cranberry is my favorite










We'd All Love to Know.......

During my free time I like to spend time with my family, shop, read, attend Auburn sporting events (baseball season starts Friday WooHoo!), and crochet. I am currently working on 3 blankets: one for my niece who is expecting, and two for my cousin who is expecting twins. They are all due on the 4th of July! I love taking pictures and creating mixbooks HERE.   So far I've created a senior memory book for both my kids and my son's best friend, a cookbook for both my kids with all our family favorite recipes, a retirement party book for a friend, wedding books for my 3 nieces and a friend, and a first year baby book for my niece. They are so much fun, so easy and turn out beautiful!!  Reasonably priced, too! Here is a link to one of the wedding books I did for my best friend's daughter:






Favorite Vacation Destination 
Disney World - we've been so many times over the years with our kids - it's just our absolute favorite place to go. We have so many special family memories there. My husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary there, we went for Thanksgiving one year and we were even there for Valentines Day one year. My daughter says that when my husband retires we are going for Christmas! His job doesn't allow vacations at all during Nov. and Dec. so we've never been able to do anything at that time of year. Looking forward to being able to do that - retirement isn't as far away as it used to be haha. 

Best Advice
Don't worry - let go, and let God. Put everything in the hands of the Lord and trust Jesus to take care of things in his time according to his plan. 

Most Rewarding Part of Teaching  
Getting to witness that "light bulb moment" when a kid finally "gets it". I have witnessed that moment so many times over the years, and it never gets old! 

I am known for...
being thoughtful - I love to leave little notes for my kids with their car keys  - even though they are in college, both are still at home and I still do this as a carry over from the napkin notes in their lunch box days! I love to send cards for holidays or for just because days! 

2 Random Facts
I am very cold natured! I love my little heater -  I sit right in front of it at home when I'm sitting on the couch. 
I love STING and THE POLICE - I have been to 3 Sting concerts and 2 Police concerts

The Loves of My Life  are my husband and my two kids!!!  They mean more than anything to me! The other day when I turned onto our street coming home from work, I could see that everyone's car was at home in the driveway. That was the best feeling ever - knowing that when I walked in they would all be home! That hardly ever happens anymore because we are all so busy with life, but it sure did make a nice afternoon that day! 





Mixbook - Create Beautiful Photo Books and Scrapbooks! | Start your own Photo Books | Create custom Christmas Cards
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, thank you for linking up. I really enjoyed your post!! I can't wait to go check out Mixbooks. Looks great! I need to be better about creating photo books. I have so many pictures on my computer... it's time to create something special with them! We love Disney World too and just booked a trip for this summer. Woohoo!! : )

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!