Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

Glogster Update

I posted earlier about the bookprints I was working on with 6th Grade. They were creating a glog for their bookprint, which I envisioned would take about a week. Well, was I ever wrong. I have created glogs before. But not with students. I really thought I had "thought this through" and it would be a great project! Wrong!!  I signed up for the free month upgraded account. Then I sent off for my student accounts. Which have to then be activated by email, and none of those worked. The Edmodo this button did not, and still does not, work. Oh, I could go on and on with all the trouble I've had. I've read so many great success stories about using glogs with students, but nowhere did I ever read how hard this would be. It literally took me four days just to get the accounts set up for students and to figure out an alternative way for them to post to Edmodo - since the Edmodo this doesn't work. They also force you to use google image search within the poster which is great - unless it is blocked by your system. Then I had to figure out an alternative way for them to upload pictures from the web. I will post more on this later - for now I will just say that I'm really thinking long and hard about whether it is worth the money and hassle to set this up for my students. I would absolutely love to hear more opinions on glogster - pro or con. Please leave a comment for me!!
P.S. I do have 6 completed glogs that turned out GREAT!  Here is one of them:



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. I finally decided that I would use some of my school money to purchase an account with Glogster. I decided the middle package would meet my needs. I could not find an option to pay with a school purchase order, so I called. They informed me that the only package to accept purchase orders was the most expensive one. So, no Glogster after all. I was really disappointed and the overall experience with using it was so disappointing. I still continue to read rave reviews about Glogster, but I just don't see how in the world using it is doable! If anyone has an alternative to Glogster, I'd love you to leave a comment and let me know. The whole idea of the digital poster is so amazing, but the whole experience of using Glogster was so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!